• June 23, 2018, 04:23:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Carlsbad Anniversary Ride, May 25 & 26!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 score and 7 years...wait what? Hi my name is...  (Read 61 times)

Gabraham Lincoln

• Baby Carriage
  • AZ Hangaround
4 score and 7 years...wait what? Hi my name is...
« on: May 30, 2018, 07:56:09 PM »
  • Publish

• What up what up! My name is Gabe aka Gabe Ruth from the AZ Chopaderos! I am beyond blessed and excited to be named an official hang around with this amazing club! It all started as a child... naw lets not go back that far... I grew up in AZ riding BMX (Dyno, Redline, Mongoose) bikes and started with cruisers about 5 years ago I found a black Schwinn ditched in a bush by my buddies house in an area it had no business being in and thought that has to be stolen! lol after waiting a few hours drinking with my buddy I noticed nobody got the bike so I tossed it in the truck and cleaned that beast up. After some Fresh white walls, ape hangers and some rattle can paint I was out cruising and bar hopping. While hanging out at my friends bar I ran into someone from another club and asked about his club shirt and bike. He invited me to my first group ride and I was blown away by all the custom bikes and people. I'm not a super passionate bike builder, but I've built a few that have won some solid second place and third place trophy's lol.  I don't ride for the trophies, I got into the club scene for the people. I met Lance and Cam for the first time on that first ride and was amazed to see the trailer Lance had built for Cam. Lance and Cam have grown to be amazing friends and now mentors in this game. I joined the Savages Bike Club in AZ a few years back and helped the club grow tremendously. I eventually moved up as the VP of the club and worked to build relationships and help it grow. Unfortunately I felt I was the only one that was putting in the time or effort and eventually got drained. I realized that what I valued in a club was not there and what I was hoping to build would not be able to happen with them. I respectfully spoke with the Prez and shared my feelings and asked for some time to think about what I wanted to do. After a few weeks I decided I wanted to focus on me and my Lady (Melissa) and ride together. After some time away from the scene and focusing on me and my career and relationship I felt the bug start itching away at me that I missed the club life and wanted to find a new home. I've always had a great relationship with Motley Cruiser (Mark) and the Tudors. As well as Jeff (Flounder) so I approached lance about the idea of being a Chop. Its been all down hill from there (lol not like at the sweet 16 ride lol). I've attended the chops anniversary for the last 3 years and know in my heart this is home. This is what I want to be and these are the people I want to support and grow with. I'm so excited for this journey and I promise to not let you down. Whatever, whenever, I'm down so lets ride!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 11:40:38 PM by Gabe Ruth »

Forrest

• Baby Carriage
      • Low Tide Customs
    Re: 4 score and 7 years...wait what? Hi my name is...
    « Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 01:39:15 PM »
  • Publish

• Thats awesome Gabe..... enjoy the ride and welcome to the family!!!

Fonda

• Administrator
    • Chopper
    • D.T.D -Dero Till Death
    « Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 11:12:03 PM »
  • Publish

• Welcome Gabe
    crazy man...real crazy...

BigMeatSundae

• Baby Carriage
    « Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 04:27:44 PM »
  • Publish

• I have to say.. as a newly rockered member.. Gabe is one of the best dudes I've met in this scene. Never treated me like any less than family regardless of the patches on our backs. I'd be hard pressed to think of a guy that's a better fit for this club. Welcome to the path my brother!
    Pages: [1]   Go Up

Facebook Comments

anything